Nowadays, most of the businesses have some customer relationship management system in place. While there are many options on the market, each with its own peculiarities, Bitrix24 is one of the most advanced and best-known solutions.
In addition to the standard CRM functionality, the platform includes a social network, project management features, document management, email, telephony, and more, thus providing organizations with a centralized directory for quick and easy business-related information discovery. What’s more, Bitrix24 allows creating secure space for collaboration with people outside the corporate network through its convenient Extranet.
Despite the variety of built-in options, there were still some things that Bitrix24 lacked. Therefore, understanding that workflows in different companies may vary greatly, in 2014 the platform has launched its API, allowing to build custom solutions and integrations.
However, when it comes to building an integration with this platform, there are a few issues that can make the project quite challenging. So let’s try to outline the things you need to keep in mind in case you decide to integrate your app with Bitrix24.
Common Bitrix24 Integration Issues
1. Tasks in Bitrix24 are the part of My Workspace section, rather than the CRM itself, and, thus, are not closely connected to the CRM system. Linking a contact or company to a task can be quite an ordeal. Similarly, accessing the tasks data during an integration can also cause certain difficulties.
Namely, CRM entities (accounts, opportunities, contacts, etc.) and tasks receive and transfer the data in different formats. Accordingly, there is a need to use peculiar methods and create separate modules for task support in Bitrix24.
2. Another issue with Bitrix24 is that the methods that are designed to return the list of entities (for example account.get or contact.get) by default do not return all of the necessary fields. Instead, there is a need to indicate the particular list of fields you wish to retrieve from the platform. For example:
'start' => <page_for_pagination>,
'select' => ['first_name', 'last_name' ......],
3. An important thing to keep in mind is that the APIs for cloud and self-hosted versions are different. REST API is available for the cloud version only. In case you use (or aim at) the Bitrix24 on-premise, you will have access to (simple) API only. The same goes for Bitrix Helpdesk module and similar solutions available in the self-hosted version only.
4. This issue is of particular importance for those, who want to share their integrations or apps with a wide circle of users. If you are one of such people, remember, that you will need to perform partner registration.
Such registration is also necessary if you wish to use OAuth in your application. The protocol OAuth 2.0 permits an application to obtain access to API on behalf of the specific user of a particular portal. After the registration on Bitrix24 Marketplace, the following will need to happen:
- request keys from a remote server;
- the server will redirect the browser to a URL registered by the application;
- the response will be processed;
- the obtained key will be used to sign all Rest API calls.
A Practical Integration Solution
Evidently, integrating with Bitrix24 can turn into a serious challenge. Most likely, if you decide to perform the integration on your own, you will need to invest a lot of time and effort, whereas, if you try to find a developer to accomplish the task, you will need to spend a pretty penny. Fortunately, there is an alternative to such a complex and time-consuming project.
Data2CRM.API is a web-based service designed to provide a smooth and reliable interaction between various business apps and Bitrix24. In addition to that, the service supports 13 other CRM platforms, including Insightly, Highrise, Zoho, SugarCRM, Salesforce and others.
Some of the other Data2CRM.API benefits include:
- Over 70 API methods to add, update and delete various CRM entities;
- Extensive documentation with short code samples, allowing to test the service in action;
- Secure integration process ensured by a 32-symbol unique API key and SSL connection.
Data2CRM.API can solve many of the problems associated with Bitrix24 API integration, at the same time adding the connection with 13 other solutions.
If you want to learn more about the service, visit our interactive documentation, or schedule a free consultation with Data2CRM.API specialist.
Latest posts by ivan (see all)
- API Design Recap: Lessons Worth Remembering [Infographic] - July 7, 2016
- How Lead Generation Can Benefit with CRM Integration - July 5, 2016
- Reasoning for Sales Enablement Integration with CRM Development - June 27, 2016