A client wants to migrate all CRM data (5 000 Accounts; 22 000 Opportunities; 4 500 Notes; 3 200 Events, 4 000 Contacts, 7 000 Emails, 10 000 Calls, etc.) from the existing platform to more advanced one because the current platform is lacking the essential functionality and becoming too costly. Since the existing solution includes a number of customizations and configurations, the customer uses Trujay Service Packages and gets the personal approach to perform the import effortlessly.
- Move all CRM data to the desired solution securely;
- Perform the fields and users mapping in accordance with the business requirements;
- Avoid interruptions of the business processes during the CRM migration.
- Determine all customer’s custom fields and their types, and migrate them;
- Consider the configurations and perform the modules mapping properly;
- Migrate the CRM records together with the relations between the items.
The account manager set up a task for Trujay techs to investigate the peculiarities of current and future platforms. The assigned task contains all customer’s requirements.
Trujay techs perform the investigation in the following way:
- estimate the number of records that will be migrated in accordance with the customer’s requirements. For example:
- all accounts and related items that were created after the year 2015;
- all entities that were created by the users like John, Mary, etc;
- all accounts that had value ‘manager’ in the field ‘type’.
- modules investigation that are planned to migrate:
- detection of the customer’s custom fields and their types (e.g. string, integer, double, textarea, date, datetime, relation);
- client’s custom modules.
After that, we create a detailed mapping of users, accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities and other modules. Usually, it takes up to 3 days together with all edits according to customer’s requirements.
- mapping is created for each module that has to be migrated. When the mapping of modules ‘Contacts’ is created, it is sent for confirmation to the customer.
The next step is the actual migration of data from the current to the future CRM platform. With the help of Data2CRM.API and our unique solution (developed by our techs), our techs perform the CRM data migration by matching the fields in the following way:
- accounts by the field “Name”;
- contacts by “Email, First+Last Name”;
- opportunity by “Name, relations to accounts/contacts”;
- leads by “Email, Name”;
- attachments are migrated in the next mode
- In case the attachments are related to the main module on the current platform (accounts, contacts,etc.), as well as to activities on the future system, create the activity field on the destination CRM that is related to the main entity and includes an attachment;
- If the attachment is related to activity on the existing platform and the main entity on the future platform, migrate the attachment to the main module that has a relation to on the current platform.
Also, we delete the copies of records by using a deduplication feature. In this case, the duplicates can be merged or replaced.
After the data migration, the Quality Assurance (QA) department examines the migration results of each module in accordance with a checklist and the customer requirements. After the QA audit of every entity, our support informs the state of the CRM migration.
Products and Quotes were migrated successfully together with the relations to accounts and contacts
Modules Mapping was performed in accordance with the customer’s requirements